Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Day dreaming

"34-28-32" - I could hear my voice to myself before I could get some bang at the back of my head.

"What the heck?" - I stood up angrily from the bed - rubbing my head and asked my wife but only to see her turning red in her looks with a plastic water bottle in her hand.

It took a while for me to realize that it was just 7.00 am in the morning and time to get up from sleep - though it was a bit early for me today.

Only movable objects at that time in my room were myself and my wife - one still confused to decide on what to do next and the other object, with a red hot face, starring at the first object. I could easily guess who or what hit my head – but what for ?

After coming to the conclusion that it was my duty to make wife to speak out something, I started off clearing my throat:

"My dear respected Madam! If you are kind enough, can you please let me know what happened to me just some minutes back - which made my head paining".

I was glad that I held my sense in putting my words out which gained confidence in me. I continued -

"It seems to me that someone hit me at the back of my head and the object with which I was hit, I think it was a kind of plastic stuff which we can use to store water."

My wife still stood motion-less - whether she like the way I asked or not, I was sure she hasn't disapproved the tone.

What else I could wait for? I added-

“Did you find anyone hitting me or was it that I was banging on something myself”

(Huh! I knew exactly what happened – but who would tip me how to question a wife?)

Having said this, I turned my face and looked into a mirror. Oops! Even Charlie Chaplin would look less comical. But what is this? My better half and sweet lovable wife doesn’t seem interested in comedy this early in a day and continue to remain red faced.

But, Hooray! – her lips are moving!!!

“What were you telling when I hit you with the plastic bottle?”

Instead of felling happy that my wife has agreed that she hit me – I begin to think what was I telling…??!!!

“Oh! that one!!!” – with more decibal this time “I forgot to tell you honey. I bought a lottery ticket in Bangalore when I went there last week and I got a message yesterday on the winning sequence – it had the digits I was telling 34-28-32. I missed the bumper by a whisker. I was just day-dreaming on the incident and nothing otherwise dear”

Now, my wife looked slightly, just slightly, relaxed and asked “What were the number in your ticket?’

“Don’t you know? I always prefer 36-28-32!!!”

Well, well, I was not too sure how long I was lying down. But when I got up and looked at the mirror – it was not comical – there was a huge swelling near my left eye, partially disturbing the vision. I looked for my wife who was filling Sudoku.

Since I was concerned about my right eye, without opening my mouth, I moved from that place.

PS:- I only hope that my wife doesn’t get to know about this blog.

No comments: